Community code of conduct
The AQDC Pledge
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors, users, and administrators pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Project administrators are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Administrators have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that do not align with this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces (data platform, visualizations, GitHub, etc.) and in public spaces when an individual contributor or user is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by administrators.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a necessary and appropriate response. The project team is obligated to maintain confidentiality. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Project participants, including administrators data or software providers or users who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by the project's leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html.